SugarCRM Inc., Cupertino, California 05.2005 – PRESENT
Senior Web Designer
Played a key role in building SugarCRM brand for 5+ years, both for sugarcrm.com website and its CRM software.
- UX Design: Designed and coded several CSS skins for Sugar product (a web-based CRM application written in PHP). Created branded skins for Fortune 100 companies.
Wireframed & designed a shopping cart UI.
- Website Administration: Administered a high-profile, multilanguage corporate website serving 50K hits a day, - including designing new UI features, recommendations on usability, site architecture, writing for the web and SEO. Mastered and used on a daily basis website administration tools, including CMS (Drupal, WordPress, Mambo), version control systems (SVN, Git), multiple staging environments.
- Web Analytics & SEO: Streamlined user experience and improved SEO using Google Analytics and marketing automation tools. Monitored campaign ROI and analyzed click streams.
- Marketing: Increased conversion rates by over 100% in one year. Designed and coded HTML templates, optimizing for different email clients, ensuring higher delivery and response rates. Edited marketing email messages for better information scent and ease of reading. Used Marketing Automation tools for registration forms, email and website activity analysis.
- Organizational: Worked with internal product managers, outside agencies and contractors. Trained and managed a web developer intern.
FREELANCE DESIGNER 01.2003 – 01.2004
Projects included identity, packaging, web design, user interfaces for Brew applications for independent software vendors for leading domestic and foreign mobile operators. Designed stationery, marketing materials, display graphics, product packaging and website for Playboy Cosmetics.
VIADOR INC., Mountain View, California 09.1999 – 01.2001
User Interface Designer
- Redesigned existing and developed new product interfaces from gathering requirements to concept drawings to detailed usable product specifications.
- Worked closely with product managers on creating new web applications based on clients’ requirements (clients included IBM, HP, Hyundai, Charles Schwab, etc.). Worked with developers on implementing interfaces according to specifications and established visual standards.
- Prepared product demonstrations and customizations; produced presentations for web and print.
BOLD FOCUS, San Mateo, California 09.1997 – 09.1999
Web UI Developer/Production Artist
- Built websites from concept to implementation.
- Produced web graphics from vector comp to final HTML code.
- Laid out a monthly newsletter.
- Translated print documents into web format.
- Gained proficiency in designing for web and print, expert knowledge in Web 1.0 website development.
ACADEMY OF ART COLLEGE, San Francisco, California 2002
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
COLLEGE OF SAN MATEO, San Mateo, California 1997
Associate in Commercial Art
STATE POLYTECHNIC ACADEMY, Minsk, Belarus (former USSR) 1991 – 1992
Adobe Photoshop, lllustrator , Imageready, Fireworks, Flash, InDesign, QuarkXpress, MS Power Point
Expert level in HTML, style sheets CSS, Acrobat PDF.
Macromedia HomeSite and Dreamweaver, MS FrontPage, etc.
Both Mac and PC (using from 1996 to present)