Network app redesigned for modern look & user experience
- About: The product is designed to monitor and control network traffic and used by network administrators.
- Problem: Current interface was designed over a decade ago, with a subset of features spun off into a second, Flash-based app.
- Solution: Consolidated app with a modern look, simplified flows, clear and easily available controls, progressive disclosure and straightforward visual communications. Below are the screenshots of a working prototype that I have built using CSS, jQuery, JSON and Highcharts library.
Wi-Fi Radios Setup As Easy As 1-2-3
- About: A new consumer-facing network monitoring product needed a settings UI. The box comes with two radios which can be turned on/off, each configured separately, plus the global settings for the box can be set.
- Problem: Accommodate users of varying admin expertise: the product comes with pretty good presets for less tech-savvy users (only security set up is recommended), but more advanced features can also be configured.
- Solution: A wizard-like interface with progressive disclosure and unrestricted flow that hides complex features for occasional users and allows advanced set up for more experienced admins.